Di Tella Institute By Herrera, Eduardo
The Di Tella Institute was created in 1958 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and during the following years grew as a conglomerate of centers for cutting-edge research in multiple areas of knowledge. Under the directorship of Enrique Oteiza and Guido Di Tella, the Instituto Torcuato Di Tella functioned through two branches, the scientific research centers and the art centers. The scientific research centers were the CIE (center of Economic Research), CIS (center for Social Research), the CEUR (center for Urbana and Regional Studies), the CIAP (center for Research in Public Administration), the CICE (center for Research in Educational Sciences) and the CIN (center for Neurological Research). The art branch consisted of the CLAEM (Latin American center for Advanced Musical Studies), the CAV (center for Visual Arts) and CEA (center for Audiovisual Experimentation), together with a department of photography and graphic design.